February 16, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: SNOE Star Night Star Bright (Night Perfecting Toner)

Snoe Star Night Star Bright (Night Perfecting Toner)

It was November last year when I first discovered Snoe at SM City Sucat. I easily got attracted to purchase their products simply because of the packaging (reminds me of Benefit) and they said, Snoe is proudly from the Philippines and so why not give it a try?

Place Bought: Snoe branch SM City, Sucat
Price: Php 179.00 (4-5USD)


what it claims..
> Anti-Anging
>Whitening
> Anti- Acne
>Exfoliating
>Pore Refining
>Spot Remover

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, PPG, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Vitamin C, Monus alba (mulbery leaf extract, Phenoxyethanol, Acai berry, Allantoin, Niacimide vitamin B3, Peg 40, Lavender essence, Frescolat, Menthy lactate, Symcalmin, Butylene glycol, Pentylene glycol, Hydroxyphenyl prompamidobenzoic acid.

Upon application you'll feel a slight cooling effect, it leaves a minty feeling for first few minutes. My only concern was the smell. I'm a little bit off with the alcohol-like/super strong scent that's why I immediately stop using this toner during my first application.. but eventually, I got used to it. As much as possible, I avoid using this product everyday. Instead, I use this 3x a week due to content of Salicylic Acid (which aids your skin during breakout). I believe, It can make your skin dry for longer usage.. although, I have an oily- combination skin. I'm still using a moisturizer after toning just to replace the natural oil that has been washed or wiped off.



In terms of the effectiveness this toner really does the job. I've been using this for almost 2 months now and I'm loving it. I don't know if this improves my complexion as I already have a cool-warm undertone. However, My skin became softer and I noticed that my oily skin became controllable especially during day time (Is that indicates that my pores tightened?), but still my pimple scars (dark spots) didn't change at all. Anyhow, I'll continue to use this and try to post some updates if this toner really did something magical to my skin.

All in all.. I would rate this as 3/5.  The only thing that bothers me is the scent. I don't like the smell though I'm thankful that this product made few improvements to my skin. I really hope Snoe would come up with an idea to repackage this into small/medium/large bottle sizes and change the scent so its more appealing to the market.


XOXO





No comments: