March 30, 2013

First Makeup and Styling Job!

First week of March, I was asked by my sister's friend Karen to do her makeup for her graduation ball. It was funny that after posting FOTD's and my makeup collections... finally! someone has the gut to trust and offered me my first MUA job. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant as I only have few knowledge about makeup and styling. But I guess, it was the same ground where pros gone through  before they were truly become an expert. The feeling of being a beginner makes it more fun and exciting. That moment, all I know was the basics like classic day look or neutrals, the safe side that I haven't done to apply to somebody elses face, no other than to myself. I still accepted the offer knowing that its a great challenge. Perhaps, I could stretch my creativity and alleviate my confidence through exposing myself in dealing with different people. On top of that, I'm doing what I truly love. Its my greatest dream to be involve in fashion, styling or in makeup industry. And now, I'm on my first stepI promised myself to never get tired to find inspiration because its the only reason why it keeps me going. 






My client picked her eyes to standout. She wanted it edgy yet could still match her sexy turquoise fitted dress. I came out with this idea of smokey eye look, classic buns for the hair and light pink lips. Light pink lips to bring out the fun girly feeling and focus more on her eyes, the eyes were strong enough so light on lips to make it balance.





Push yourself to come out of your comfort zone 
Try new things
Follow your heart
 &
Have fun! 




XOXO

No comments: