March 4, 2013

Charm Holiday (8pc. Travel Brush Set)

I just wanna share my thoughts on my new Charm Holiday Travel Brush Set. I decided to buy new brushes that is suitable to carry on my purse and handy enough whenever I'm packing light. I never owned any brushes from Charm, so this is going to be my first time to write reviews about this company. :)

I bought my 'Charm Holiday 8pc Travel Brush Set' from Digital Traincase (one of my favorite online shop!). Very perfect timing that they were having a 20% off (valid only until Feb. 28th 2013) sale, and so I got mine for only Php 889 instead of its original price of Php1050. Oh yeah! Pretty good steal! Right? :)




I thought it was medium sized travel brushes like the ones I've usually seen in the market. Apparently, its the smallest version! So far, it didn't bother me that much. Astonished how tiny the brush stems are. I find it easier to use than my usual everyday brushes from Mac. I love it when I tend to do my eye makeup, it feels more convenient doing strokes and sweeping motions without any trouble holding it. 



Here's the closer look of the brushes to apprehend the size.









Here's the total packaging when I received it through Xend. I was expecting that they will just enclosed it securely with a bubble wrap but it came only with this box. :)




It also came with a black small pouch that has a zipper on the other side for an extra compartment so you could put your other stuff there.

Great! The brushes has plastic head covers!!

Look how soft the bristles are!! Honestly, its the 'vegan hair' that what made me purchased this brushes, I chose vegan hair over those made by animal furs mainly because its cruelty-free!!

Powder brush is one of my favorite, it has thick stem which I find it easier to hold. What it made it exceptional is the super soft bristles which picks up powders. I basically use it more in cream and powder applications .


                        Blush brush, is a flat version which perfect for contouring hollow areas.



From top to bottom: Concealer brush, Eyeshadow Pointed Brush, Eyeshadow Flat brush , Pencil brush, Angled brush and Lip brush
 I still haven't used them, but what I love about these is that the bristles were soft enough to apply eyeshadow (in very gentle way) without hurting or creasing your lids. What differs this from the other travel brushes if the size, its very slim and tiny.
 
Overall, This Charm Holiday (8pc. Travel Brush Set) never frustrate my satisfaction, from the cost to the quality. Bristles are soft enough and the size is perfectly for travel.  I just found my new 'on-the-go' companion!



XOXO

1 comment:

TheAuthor said...

Lovely review. I also have this set:) After reading your post, now I'm more excited to finally try this:)