February 21, 2013

Retail Therapy

 

 3am and still awake? I was really all knocked out earlier cos I had this massive headache and now I can't get back to sleep. So I thought blogging is the only way I can release all my sentiments towards life. Haha! I'm in major stress this past few weeks because of some personal issues and so to keep myself away from those mental pressures I spoiled myself from shopping. Like most of us do. Right? Okay! I'm not gonna lie, My emotional shopping disorder attacked me once again and I became compulsive from buying stuff.. or shall I say Its just a retail therapy. :) As usual, makeup and clothes are my most stress reliever. I'll do a separate blog for my 'February Favorites', which will be up on first week of march. I'll show all what I've purchased, from least favorite to my most favorite make-up, clothes and other stuff that I got for the whole month of Feb. 



I don't know why but there's an enigmatic thrill when I shop and It gets worsen when I'm in stress. LOL! I remember Rebecca's lines in "The Confessions of a Shopaholic" movie  "When I shop, the world gets better.." and I honestly feel that too. In my most normal days.. I don't usually go on shopping spree unless its all about basic essentials. Its really funny sometimes when I'm extremely mad in a person or when things aren't going well, expect that I'm always out for a window shopping. Sometimes I found myself... "Ugh! I hate hate hate that person! I hate my job! I hate my toenails! I hate the entire universe!!" *and then 1hr later* "Oh! This Aztec dress is so cute... why was I upset again??* LOL! See how fast my mood boosted? What I'm trying to say is that.. Sometimes, Its not bad  to baby yourself with nice things if thats the only way you can get rid of that negative emotions you feel. If you deserve it though! Do it! 

Let's just not forget that in this world, material things are just temporary pleasures and so as problems. I mean, you can't live with your problems forever! Retail therapy sometimes can help you but when it became anxious and led you to large credit card bills and inevitably immense debt or loss of property. You have a problem.Shop with responsibility because in the end, we're the only one who is accountable in every act we do. 

We have our family, friends, love ones and God which is a great support system to survive a terrible day. Spend time with your bestfriend or have a coffee date with your mom. Its the simple things in life that sometimes we forget to enjoy. Stress? It'll pass anyway.


 "Love received and love given comprise the best form of therapy."

XOXO,

 Victoria

No comments: